Every Child, Every Nation, Every Day
About Child Evangelism Fellowship
Child Evangelism Fellowship® was founded in 1937 by Rev. J. Irvin Overholtzer, a man with a God-given vision for boys and girls in need of the Savior. His vision lives on today.
Child Evangelism Fellowship is a Bible-centered organization composed of born-again believers whose purpose is to evangelize boys and girls with the Gospel of the Lord Jesus Christ and to establish (disciple) them in the Word of God and in a local church for Christian living.
CEF wants to reach the children with the Gospel so that “not one of these little ones should perish.” (Matthew 18:14)
Child Evangelism Fellowship Cares About…
- Discipling Children
Children must be established (discipled) in their Christian lives through the Word of God. They need to “grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.”
- Establishing children in Bible-believing churches
Evangelized children need to be in a local Bible believing church where they can continue to grow in faith on a regular basis. Many times families of the children also become established in the church which is an added blessing for the children.
- Involving other Christians in ministry to children
CEF®’s greatest need is for those who will see the fields which are “white unto harvest” and become involved in this outreach to children of the world.
CEF Needs You…
- to become involved in the ministry to children in your local school through the After School Good News Club® program during the school year. Or host a 5-Day Club® during the summer
- to become a volunteer helper, teacher or instructor with CEF
- to be trained in effective methods of outreach to the children
- to pray for the ministry on a daily basis
- to partner with CEF as a financial supporter (CEF is a nonprofit organization. You will receive a tax deductible receipt for your financial donations.)
Quality Training & Materials
CEF Press offers the very best materials available to help you evangelize and disciple children from toddlers to high school
CEF is presently involved in over 170 countries, with over 1,400 staff members. Our emphasis overseas is to develop national workers and leaders. CEF is active in every state and province in North America.
CEF wants to assist you through teaching materials, training and contact with others who can help you. Please submit the Response Form for further information on how we can help you evangelize and disciple children for the Lord Jesus Christ.
The Children’s Ministries Institute (CMI) provides a thorough foundation and ongoing education for those involved at every level of children’s ministry. The popular Teaching Children Effectively courses are offered at CMI, online, and at various locations throughout the country. CMI’s central campus is west of St. Louis in Warrenton, Missouri and offers extension sites around the world.